VVZ-Nr.: 0433 L 325
- Prof. Dr. Marc Alexa
- Mondays – 12:00 am – 06:00 pm
- Start: April 12th, 2021 (weekly)
- Room: Zoom
- Projekt – 6 SWS, 9 ECTS
- Rapid Prototyping Methods become more and more important in manufacturing products or product parts. Mass produced objects of high material variety and quality but with no individualised features coexist with highly customizable parts and objects limited by choice of material, size and surface quality. During the course students will develop symbiotic relationships and computational models between a mass-produced and a customized object to create new ready/made hybrids that benefit from the best of both worlds using 3D printers, laser cutters and milling machines.
- Details: We give a brief overview of the basic ideas and several recent developments in this field. Students will work in small teams on a chosen topic and present the basics of their topic in an intermediate talk. Finally, each team will implement a recent research papers and present their topic, application and results in a concluding talk.
- Interest in computer graphics and geometry (ideally you attended CG1 and CG2).
- Basic linear algebra background and solid programming skills are a plus.
- Please register for the course in ISIS.